Thursday, September 23, 2010

Don't Overuse Your Toothbrush


First off, this toothbrush isn't overused. This is a picture of a toothbrush I had that had a stray bristle that gave me hell. It took me a while to figure out the pain in certain parts of my gum were caused by this little bastard. I replaced mine shortly after realizing this.

If you're using regular toothbrushes don't forget to change them out after a few months (this applies to interchangeable heads, too). Don't think that because the bristles are all over the place that you're brushing more of your teeth in a less amount of time. You can harm your gums and can ineffectively clean your teeth (you can actually make them dirtier). It's also a good idea to change your toothbrush after suffering from an illness (flu, cold, etc). 

This will probably be the most boring post on this blog. I just wanted an excuse to post this picture. 

20 comments:

  1. I hate when the bristles get fucked up on my toothbrush. Time to get a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using an electric brush properly (massaging)s doesnt really force pressure on any of the bristles to get out of place like that. Granted, I still need to get me one and toss my old one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll scratch your teeth for one, make sure you don't brush harder because sometimes the gums can be injured too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool post bro!
    check both my blogs are interesting! ;)
    suppin can u rtrn pls?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I hate that , too, it hurts after a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ohcaptainmycaptain, wth..steel wool? D:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never use an electric toothbrush. I like to brush really hard, even though it's not good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its also a sales gimick...They say you should change the head when the colour fades..well ofcourse they are gng to use a colour that would fade easily..

    ReplyDelete
  9. following and showing daily love...

    check out my blog - still new at this

    http://nixtwiblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never think a stray bristle would cause gum pain. Weird.

    vgleaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH gross.. .I just looked at my toothbrush. I have to get a new one, now. Lol. Thanks for following me mate, been with your blog a few days now, and ive yet to be disappointed

    -JKane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Need new toothbrush........................

    ReplyDelete
  13. /throws away old toothbrush/ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I COMPLETELY agree about the gimmick of the fading blue bristles! I remember when those came out I was all excited, but then the blue color in the bristles faded after only a week! I still buy them if I can't find what I usually get, but I NEVER pay attention to the stupid fading blue meaning I need to buy more.

    ReplyDelete