Friday, September 24, 2010

Nutella Pie



This is a slice of a Nutella pie I made a while back. The cut wasn't that clean and it doesn't look great, but I wasn't presenting it to the judges on Top Chef. I wanted to eat it. Next time I would cut back on some of the cream cheese, it was a bit too much, and add more Nutella (can you ever have enough of that stuff?). I also didn't have any chopped hazelnuts so I just used more chocolate chips (I'm glad I did). I used an Oreo pre-made crust.

Recipe after the jump.




1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup hazelnut spread (Nutella)

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped

1 prepared chocolate cookie piecrust 

1 cup heavy cream

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips

  1. Heat oven to 325º
  2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Nutella and 1/4 cup sugar. Beat on medium for 3 minutes or until well blended. Add egg and 1/4 cup hazelnuts and beat until blended. Pour into prepared piecrust. 
  3. Bake at 325º for about 30 minutes or until center is just set. Remove pie from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
  4. Once pie has cooled, beat heavy cream, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla on high speed until medium peaks form. Spread over pie and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup hazelnuts and mini chocolate chips.

16 comments:

  1. omfg, that looks perfect! i'll try to make it this week, love nutella :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never get around to making something like that. It does look a bit too sickening though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsome, that i didn't tought about this !
    Nice post !

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks really god..i might have to try this recipe out..thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nutella is like...one of the best foods ever made...and It's healthy!!! dang!!!! thanks for the pay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow that looks really good, I'm very jealous, lol

    Showing daily love

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, that nutella pie looks absolutely scrumptious :D

    ReplyDelete