Monday, October 11, 2010

Animal of the Day - 10.11.2010


Big Al, the largest alligator in captivity in Texas. He's over 13 feet long and weighs almost half a ton. I'd like to ride him.



A tortoise from the same place. I'd also like to ride this guy.



Or this one (the tortoise, not Atreyu).



UPDATE (for Woahbajeez)


The largest tortoise in the world is the Gal├ípagos tortoise. There isn't an actual record for the one current largest (that I could find). The largest turtle ever found (dead, unfortunately) was a leatherback that was found washed ashore on Harlech Beach in Gwynedd, Wales. As for the largest living turtle currently living, no idea.  

21 comments:

  1. you know as they say... everything is bigger in texas :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, awesome post. very curious to see your turtle get bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the largest turtle is in the world. Guess I'll goto wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could ride all three, if you stacked them correctly and used lots of duct tape.

    While riding all of them you could listen to:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGP5LgUsvK0

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELL YES, RORSCHACH!

    I'm going to listen to that full blast in the car.....er, turtle.... while driving to Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The largest alligator?! Kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well thank you for the nostalgia bomb, now I wont sleep easly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coolest fictional giant turtle by far?
    The Sea-turtle island in Majora's Mask.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome. I agree with John.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for visiting my blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love playing with snapping turtles, they bite down hard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey mate, we have a weee tortiose here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turtles are so awesome. I have a pet turtle, and he is the coolest little fucker in the world

    ReplyDelete