Thursday, October 28, 2010

Animal of the Day - 10.28.2010

I think I can get away from this guy over here...


Damn. Okay maybe over here...


That's it, you're fucking done for. 

Today's Animal of the Day is quite special. Why is it special? Because this little creature was sent to me by the one and only Mr. Rorschach of Rorschach Redemption

I've personally never seen a mantis in real life, which is, to me, unfortunate. I've always found these creatures very interesting. As for the mantis in these pictures, that little guy is the reason why Rorschach does what he does. Shortly after taking these photos the mantis leaped on Rorschach and ripped his throat open. He then fell backwards on a rock, knocking himself unconscious. When Rorschach awoke he was in the hospital with bandages covering his throat and head. The injuries sustained in the mantis attack have since caused him to become obsessed with inkblots (I don't know why, maybe some kid in the next bed over was playing with a Spin Art), which is good for us because who doesn't have fun seeing what our crazy minds can come up with and then sharing it with others to be ridiculed because we see Pedo Bears and dildos and Ninja Turtles and ovaries. The other good thing to come out of this attack is the leftovers of what most would think was a kill shot from the mantis' attack. Rorschach's vocal chords healed in such a way that it left him with a very deep, but gentle, voice that would soothe even the craziest mantis. Don't believe me? Just check out his latest video, or any of them for that matter. Be prepared to be lulled into a nice relaxing sleep. 

Thank you for the pictures, Rorschach. 

23 comments:

  1. I love your posts keep up the good work! <3 supporting :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! love the post, that mantis looks like he's just waiting for his prey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've never seen a mantis? Admittedly, they're not the most common of insects, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen one either. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang that's awesome! I have never seen one of those in real life either :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive always found mantis in batches, I don't know if it is just the timing that has something to do with it or whether I just stumble across a whole gaggle of them at once but they are cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to get a whole bunch of praying mantises at my old house. They're definitely one of the coolest insects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen one of those in person either. It'd be cool to watch them kill something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great pics, Rorshach, and fun post, Veg!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, cool animal, if not the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scyther was my favorite pokemon.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice too see you got all the angels on it

    ReplyDelete