Friday, October 22, 2010

Gorillaz & N.E.R.D


I'm going to be out of town for the weekend in just a bit and probably won't be able to post my normal daily stuff as a result. So I've decided to make this a very big post by sharing all the pictures from the Gorillaz & N.E.R.D. show I was at a couple days ago. I hope you all have a good weekend. The rest of the pictures are after the jump. 






N.E.R.D. opened up with a very intense performance. Pharrell is quite a showman. He even stopped and  struck a pose for me mid-song. 









The crowd went nuts when the animated Murdoc popped up on the big screen. The "story" was that the real Gorillaz (2-D, Murdoc & Noodle) were stuck back stage trying to get out and perform while the "warm up band" was playing. The rest of the show was a great combination of the actual performance and the visuals shown on the screen. 



Unfortunately Snoop wasn't actually there (I wouldn't be either just for one song), but he was in spirit. 




Damon Albarn was incredible. He was constantly engaging the crowd and had tons of energy. 







Bobby fuckin' Womack!





Bobby Womack AND Bruce Willis?! Hell yeah. 


















Looks a bit like Hugh Laurie on bass, doesn't it?














Overall this show now ranks as #1 on my list, moving Radiohead down to #2 - which is saying a lot. Being just two rows from the stage added a lot to the excitement. I felt honored to have water thrown on me by Damon. 

The Gorillaz are still on tour, so if you are a fan I highly suggest seeing if they are visiting a nearby city and buying tickets. I hope everyone has a good weekend. See you soon. 


32 comments:

  1. great photos, have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many photos! Great quality by the way.
    They are not my favourite band, but they're great, I like to listen their songs sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool, i would love to see them in concert but i would much rather see radiohead haha, great post- you have my support

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous, I would have loved to see N.E.R.D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn thatsa lotta photos. I like the idea of the animated Gorillaz 'trapped' backstage.

    Looks like good times! Those are some awesome shots from your awesome seats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots Vegetarian. I'm jealous I didn't get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice pics man and i fuckin like gorillaz :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. looked like an unreal concert! Nice pictures man.

    -Easy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, looks cool, never seen so many pics in a single post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love gorillaz, need to get some of their new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are two incredible bands. Litsened to both since High School.
    http://theliquorguy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome stuff, glad you enjoyed your self- they're very good

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I haven't heard about N.E.R.D. in a long time. Were they any good live?

    ReplyDelete
  14. that actually sounds like a sick show

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorillaz are awesome. don't know much about nerd though

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap, wish i'd been there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Classically Trained Nub - N.E.R.D. was okay. I honestly haven't heard anything from them (or about them) since I was in high school (about 10 years ago). They were ok, nothing spectacular. Pharrell was cool. There were a few songs that were good, the rest were just ok. My favorite part was when he talked about how consumerism is bad, then kept on mentioning how there new album was coming out next month. I know that's why he's on tour with Gorillaz to promote it, but he could've worded it better to not seem so ignorantly contradicting.

    ReplyDelete