Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Random Photo of the Day - 10.06.2010



This was a baby bonsai tree I was growing (the picture is a few years old). I don't think it lasted much longer after I took this picture because one of my parents (I can't remember which one) accidentally destroyed it. I think they dropped it or got water on it, which crushed the poor thing. Oh well. My girlfriend bought me another one to grow, so I stopped crying.

I just got back from my 2 year follow up visit from a clinical study I'm in for an artificial disc I received. So I think it's a fitting time to make a post about my back problems and surgeries, which I will do later on today. I hope everyone is having a good day. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm curious to hear about your back, mine is a mess but I have never had anything done about it. Sadly, it isn't getting any better on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked what you said on my blog earlier today... GTL and blogging FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The day is good so far!

    Poor little bonsai.. I wish I could grow plants but I seem to be a plant killer

    Currently I have a spider plant that is half dead and I don't know why.

    I'm really curious about your back. I hope you're not in pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually never planted the seeds for the new bonsai (it's from a little "grow your own bonsai" kit, the same as the picture). I think there's an ideal time to start growing it and I may have already passed that time. I'll check that out soon.

    I honestly get tired of taking care of plants. I have an orchid that won't die (the one in the random photo of the day on 10.04), an aloe plant, some weird sort of cactus, and some vine-like plant. I was really hoping at least one would die but for some reason they won't. They'll even be close to death and as soon as I do something to them they liven back up and look even better than before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered how bonsais ever occurred naturally if they need such meticulous care to even keep them alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, BunnySMG. I mean have you ever seen Karate Kid 3?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, what? An artificial disc?

    Are you the 6 Million Dollar Vegetarian?

    ReplyDelete