Thursday, November 11, 2010

Animal of the Day - 11.11.2010


I'll be out of town again for the weekend so I doubt I'll be able to make my normal posts each day. So I'm going to leave you with some of my favorite pictures. These photos were taken inside an aviary at the Fort Worth Zoo. When you walk in you buy little feeding sticks then walk around and feed the birds. This is my favorite thing to do at the zoo, aside from going to the children's petting zoo, because you can actually interact with the animals. Most (if not all) of these pictures were taken by my girlfriend, as I was the one feeding/holding the birds. I hope you all have a good weekend.







Oh me so happy

35 comments:

  1. Nice spread. In the second photo, I feel they are...judging me. The Council of Ornithology approves!

    Do you have stock in the Fort Worth zoo? You should. We all know you and your woman took a nibble off that bird-food lollipop. Admit it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I love parakeets. I wish I had one again but my wife is not a bird person. Rather get a parrot though :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a parrott just like that, blue one! And it is so nice! Talking as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds make me mad. They fly around, thinking they're so awesome. Someday, I'll learn to fly just so I can punch them in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pretty bird, Great pics of the birdie too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that gives me something to think about

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to your next update

    ReplyDelete
  8. To day i`m happy:D every blog is beautyful:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh* my birds hate my guts and never want to come near me. I've been trying for the past three years to make them come and sit on my finger like that but no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the last one, it seems so really happy xD
    Great colours by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tropical birds are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. interacting with animals is awesome... unless they're spiders lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. this one piqued my interest the most... keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a good follow up to your last post

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice, I'm looking forward to the next one

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's bloody cute! I got my finger bitten by one of those just last week! it was tame too

    ReplyDelete