Monday, November 1, 2010

Animal of the Day - 11.1.2010



Two bonobos living at the Fort Worth Zoo. There was also a newborn bonobo in the enclosure but I couldn't get a decent picture of it. 

There isn't a really good segue from bonobos to OneFourSeven and his blog onefourseven on 2k music, so I'll just skip trying to be clever. If you're like me, you're picky and harsh when it comes to what other people have to say about topics such as music. If I like something, it's good. If I don't like it, it's bad. I know you function the same way. So I'm always hesitant about reading reviews from people, no matter what it's covering. But for some reason I didn't have this problem when visiting 147. Maybe it's his wording or his ability to actually review the functionality and inner workings of an album and not be biased (which I would definitely be), but I've never been led astray with the reviews there. And to make things even better he just posted a review of one of my all time favorite albums - Lateralus. So, if you have the time (which you should, if you're looking at my pictures of bonobos) check out his blog

30 comments:

  1. they are just haaannnging how cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they got interrupted in the middle of a debate.
    "...and I'M TELLING YOU, Charles! Pinching your nose closed does not get you closer to...whoa look out, tourists! Be cool..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha arent the bonobo's the ones that are famous for treating sex like a hug or handshake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look like they're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo eee oo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah monkeys! our closest relatives

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks for the link, buddy!

    And thanks for the bonobos. Those pictures, the way they're sitting... it reminds me of a friend of mine and I chilling at the pub waiting on our other friends, to be honest. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting stuff, keep it coming vege!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rorschach - I had so many captions written out for these pictures. I even had the orders in which they are shown reversed with even more captions for that arrangement. I couldn't decide so I just left them as is.

    Travis - Yes, bonobos love screwing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute bonobos and sounds like a cool blog. I'll be headin' there next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing animals, wouldn't want one as a pet though haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. have to agree with bluerad, these guys should stay in the wild :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. God, I love bonobos. Caparezza, a famous italian rapper dedicated a song to them.

    ReplyDelete