Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Animal of the Day - 11.2.2010


My "animal of the day" pictures are usually pretty indicative of how my days are going. Today has turned pretty shitty pretty fast. I pulled something in my back earlier, making my already-hurt back hurt even worse. I also think my trusty Macbook Pro is dying on me. I got it a few years ago as a Christmas present from my parents (thank you Mom and Dad), but unfortunately it was one of the models shipped with a faulty battery. As a first time Mac owner I just thought the battery drained super fast (very ignorant of me, I know). By the time I figured out it should last more than AN HOUR the warranty had expired and Apple wasn't willing to do anything except send me a link to the battery page on the Apple Shop. That along with the extreme overheating makes it hard to do my daily blog visits (which last at least an hour and a half) in one sitting from a more comfortable environment (like listening to music on the couch with it on my lap). So now, seemingly out of nowhere, my Macbook Pro is shutting down. I don't know why. Probably the battery. Either way, I'm angry. I have a PC that's trying to email Dr. Kevorkian as we speak, now this. 

But I digress, I'm not hating on this little June bug. I'm just saying if I were in a better mood I'd probably post some awesome pictures I have of some very pretty birds my girlfriend and I fed in the awesome aviary at the Fort Worth Zoo. I do like June bugs. When they're in season and I'm at my parents' house I still go outside to their pool and play lifeguard for them (the June bugs, not my parents). 

I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. Stay safe and eat your broccoli.

17 comments:

  1. Oh man, hope everything works out with the PC.

    Beautiful shot of the junebug though. At first I thought it was some huge beetle, because of the closeness and crispness of the shot.

    Ahh... I love Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get better soon and hopefully you'll find a way to get past the faulty mac book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never trust Apple with being able to fix something in a timely manner after what they did with me. Anyway, hope your back recovers; I'm already starting to feel mine getting sore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so funny I thought June Bugs were slang for something else. I never knew they were real. Sorry your day is so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry ur computer crapped out, heres where u can buy a new one, ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a bad pic. Sorry about the laptop. Blogging is fun :D
    I like broccoli.
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that beetle somehow looks very appetizing 8D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always found these guys sadly suicidal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Computer as buggy as your picture? I sympathize.
    Also, stop pulling things.

    Do you spend any time NOT at an arboretum or zoo or park?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hated those things as a little kid. They kept ramming into my bedroom window, making tapping sounds. I always thought a vampire or something was out there trying to get me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I feel you, I have a recent model of MacBook Pro, I've bought it a couple of months ago (yea, now it'a an old one xD) and its battery sucks; I have to use it with its power adapter.
    Great animal BTW.

    ReplyDelete