Thursday, January 6, 2011

Random Photo of the Day - 1.6.2011


    pic name

pic name

    pic name

pic name


    pic name

pic name

    pic name

pic name

These are two gifts I got for Christmas. Part of the Lego Architecture series. The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and the John Hancock Center. I haven't messed with Legos in many, many years. So that along with my love for design and architecture made these wonderful gifts. They were very easy to put together, so to make it last longer I made sure every Lego piece was facing the same way (according to the tiny Lego name printed on the pegs of each piece). 

To show the scale of the Guggenheim I took a picture of it next to a wooden dog artist's model. 


If that isn't a good enough representation of the scale, I took a picture of the dog and the Guggenheim next to Wanderlei Silva.


And if that weren't enough, I took a picture of the dog, the Guggenheim, and Wanderlei next to a Shy Guy.




And if that picture is too boring for you, I took this one.









27 comments:

  1. What just happened at the end there? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have no sense of scale, goddammit. However, due to your provocative photograph arrangement, I do have an erection.

    MY BROTHER TOOK OUR GODDAMN LEGOS TO CONNECTICUT FOR HIS NEPHEW so don't mind me if I live vicariously through your signature Lego kits.

    You know how in many of your animal entries, I respond with general disdain and an inspiration to cause some minor harm to animals or insects? Well I hope your little tower goes to pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those things are pretty tiny, but cool. Like a pixelated icon of the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. due to extensive lego use, I immediatly understood the scale, but your pictures proved useful regardless.
    Those are some boss legos, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome gifts. and other things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get anything for Christmas T_T

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome gifts! Who ever got those for you is super amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last one takes the prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you sure lucked out this year. Want to trade me for the pair of scissors and the dinosaur shaped sponge that I got?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did u post an article and then deleted it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats pretty cool, lego u say? looks great

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw a "Test" recently. Stop messing with things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know these architecture sets existed, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Guggenheim is cool and all, but I'm really digging the Shy Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thought those first legos were dinner plates...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man, legos are fucking great. I hope you're rewarded for your efforts in making them all face the same way. My friend wanted to borrow some of my legos for his girlfriend's little brother. Thankfully I didn't give any to that unappreciative little prick.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The last picture had me laughing pretty hard. Poor Shy Guy.

    ReplyDelete