Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Animal of the Day - 3.01.2011


This is Lola, a very beautiful pit bull who belongs to a co-worker/friend of my mother. I've yet to meet Lola, but when I do I will be a happy boy. 

Speaking of a happy boy, my birthday is in 13 days and I feel very sad. You know how when someone's birthday comes around they'll say something like, "I feel so old. I can't believe I'm ____. I'm getting so old." Well, I've been saying that since I was 17. Feels bad, bro. Although one good thing is that all the restaurants with membership programs I've joined are really making me happy this month. I'll be enjoying some green tea ice cream cake, a beer of my choosing from The Flying Saucer, and some chocolate fondue for two - all for free. That's right, I'm happy about my memberships with RESTAURANTS. I'm getting so old.

Here's a bonus picture (Who's the bonus for? Me, I guess.)


I don't know the name of this dog. I was sitting in the car texting the girlfriend before I got out to pick up my dinner when a car parked next to me. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed the driver get out and walk away. I then noticed some movement, which I thought was a kid. As I got out I decided to risk the "awkward stranger eye contact" moment and was instead staring at this dog with an awesome black patch. When I got closer he/she started to wag his/her tail. I figured it wanted to be famous. So this is his/her 15 minutes. 

12 comments:

  1. Alas, I was born in 1983 as well, and I get to look forward to the big 2-8 later this year. Minus Xzibit, though.

    And I'm totally with you on the restaurant memberships. Except I'm not just a member on my real birthday. I have a birthday once a month. Therefore, every month's a different desert or treat, on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm 43 next birthday and you think your depressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mid 20's creeped up on me faster than I ever imagined. Is it bad I still feel the exact same way as I did in 1997? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray should be depressed at his age but you have a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are just good at finding animals in cars.

    If it makes you feel any better, I can sell you the secret of how to make time go slower as you age. It sucks turning ___.

    Happy Birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, for a second I thought it said you were TURNING 13. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks more like a Lulu to me, cute dog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool dogs
    ...enjoy the visits to the restaurants for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're telling me about getting old, a lot of my friends seem to be getting married recently.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birthdays just keep coming around faster and faster. feels like a scene from the movie time machine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet dog, nice post

    + followed:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bleh yup, turning 27 this year, feels bad man

    ReplyDelete