Thursday, March 17, 2011

Animal of the Day - 3.17.2011


Before I actually insert my Animal of the Day picture I'd like to say a few things.

First: Thank you for the birthday wishes. Although it's not like I gave you much of a choice when I had a post up for 3 days whoring out the anniversary of the day of my birth. I'd also like to give a Rorschach a special thank you for stabbing a carrot for me. I didn't think it was actually going to be a picture of a carrot being stabbed....


.....but I was wrong. And even though it was done in spite, I laughed very hard. 



Second: It's been a somewhat busy birthday-week, so I haven't been able to visit any of your awesome blogs. Don't think I've neglected you, it's just taken me a while to blow out all my candles. Also, if any of you have emailed me in the past week it may have been completely lost. My email account has been going crazy lately and been putting almost 40% of my non-junk emails into my junk folder.

Third: I was going to make some sort of special St. Patrick's Day post today involving some of my favorite movies, the Leprechaun series. I was flipping through the channels to leave something on in the background for some ambient noise while I make this post when I saw that the SyFy channel is running a Leprechaun marathon today. As much as I hate watching movies on television (thanks to editing and commercials) I just can't pass up watching these horribly good horrible films. Luckily they're going backwards, ending with the original Leprechaun. Which is like starting your evening with prison wine, then switching to a "personal blend" created/picked by a co-worker who knows nothing of wine, then ending with a Silver Oak. You'll get drunk no matter what, but you obviously have your own preference. 



Ok, I think that's it. 

Oh, here's the Animal of the Day. I took this picture at the local aquarium. 




17 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patty's. That is the most freaking cute frog in all the world. I have the leprechaun series playing as background noise as I work from home. I'm excited to see Destination Truth doing a live 4-hour episode tonight on Syfy looking for banshees in Ireland. That will put me in the mood, well, perhaps with a couple Guinesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard the commercial for Destination Truth being in Ireland! I've never even seen that show before, I think I'll give it a watch tonight! The only thing I can consume today in celebration of St. Patrick's Day is some whiskey cheddar my girlfriend bought me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that an arrow frog, Happy St. Patricks Day from an irishman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this midget is scary :) i must go to pub to drink some good old beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary!
    Happy St Paddy's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I remember that guy when I was a kid! I was scared for days, I thought he would pop out of a bush! Anyways, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that frog looks very poisonous. Following your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm officially going to have nightmares tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha that carrot made me laugh! Love the blog man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's just a picture from a long line of animate and inanimate objects that get stabbed before I eat them. It's a hobby.

    It's hard to watch that Leperachaun movie(s) after seeing Willow first.
    ("You are a great swordsman! + All I want is me gold!" = bleah)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lawled at the little "Birthday gift"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those frogs are poisonous aren't they. I saw some in a tropical house once

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't help but watch that damn movie on SyFi either!

    ReplyDelete