Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Animal of the Day - 3.29.2011






This is a raccoon that's been coming around lately. In these pictures it is eating cat food set out by a crazy neighbor

When I took the last picture I noticed it ran off onto the patio where I set out cat food. I then thought it would be nice to put my video camera out and have video of it eating. I don't know why, but I think it's fun to watch it grab the food with its paws and then hear the crunching of it. Here's the video:



The next time I see it I'll try to feed it out of my hand. So look forward to a future "Random Photo of the Day" to feature a raccoon bite. 


15 comments:

  1. Good stuff, they've got a nickname like masked bandit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. d'aw :D
    It's like a cat that picks things up

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would feel funny if he grabbed your video camera and took it home... or ate it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol it would be funny if I ate your camera RB

    ReplyDelete
  5. its really cute while its eating and all but some what freaks me out... neat video though for sure. :) Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whenever I see/hear racoons I think of Forrest Gump. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only ever seen a raccoon once. They're surprisingly cute sometimes.

    >The next time I see it I'll try to feed it out of my hand.

    That seems like a bad idea..

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol wow, i didnt even recognize the thingy in the first two pictures. such a ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH GOD, KILL IT! KILL IT! Night recordings make everything look spooky.

    Thanks to you, I now know that animal mastication (get your head out of the gutter, teabagger) is just as annoying to be as human mastication.

    Looking forward to the vid of you getting rabies. Teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once saw a rooftop raccoon battle on my college dorm. It was pretty epic. They both wound up falling off and carried on with the fight in the yard. Someone chucked a couple twinkies at them to shut them up, and eventually they bolted.

    ReplyDelete