Monday, March 7, 2011

My Orchid - Part 1





This is my orchid plant. Technically it's my girlfriend's orchid plant, but I'm the one taking care of it. If it were a child I would be given custody.

I got this orchid as a gift for my girlfriend almost two years ago. I've watered it every week since then just out of habit. Last year was the last time anything bloomed, which made me very happy. But over the past few months, without me even noticing it, a new branch (or stem or whatever you'd call it) grew out and now has 6 little orchids blossoms ready to pop out and say hi. So apparently it likes me. 

I'll keep posting updated pictures to show the progress of this nice little plant. Maybe I'll put together a little slideshow of it or something at the very end. 

I hope you all had a good weekend. 



10 comments:

  1. That's cool, i'd love to see one when it blooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing it bloom, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got greenfingers my friend.Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. orchids remind me of Adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always fail at keeping orchids they never seem to flower again for me - so respect dude

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's budding! yay. that's a nice gift =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading the documents pertaining to this botanical custody battle.

    What makes a branch a branch and not a twig, or stick? Or stem? When does something become a log?

    These questions plague me, so I expect yo to answer them immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see the full bloom!

    ReplyDelete