Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Orchid - Part 3 & 3.5







The above pictures were taken this past Friday.

This next picture was taken less than a minute ago.



I wanted to add this last picture in with this update because it's growing so fast. I would have better pictures of it from today but I don't have a proper camera with me (I had to take the last picture with my phone). If I ever do anything like this again I'll set up my digital camera and keep it and the plant in the same spot to take some time lapse photos. It will be much more rewarding in the end for everyone. 

Here are the last two sets of pictures of my orchid so you can see the growth: Part 1 - Part 2

11 comments:

  1. It's certainly blossomed into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I missed part two. That explains the rapid "visual" growth in my mind. (The rate of growth, not some "growth" on my mind...just SHUT UP.)

    In a moment of rare seriousness for me: That last picture seems almost...animated. Really jumps out.

    EVERYONE loves time laps photography, even if they don't realize it. You can't go wrong with TL. I hope you get a chance to do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was allowed only one complaint in Blogger, it would be this: LET ME EDIT MY RESPONSES!
    *cry*

    Sorry. Please feel free to destroy this response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Will pluck it and put behind my wife's ear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blossoming flower is a magical thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Spring Equinox Weekend. No flowers here yet but soon. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it's coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they're such great flowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Orchid!! Followed! alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. srsly as i said on some other blog tho, flowers are friggen furious man, theyre crazy shit..

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome! i'm so glad you've posted the progression. is this as much as they bloom? i hope you post more, even the parts after the flower goes away

    ReplyDelete