Thursday, April 28, 2011

Focus On: Lola




Lola is a 2 year old pit bull terrier who was featured as a previous Animal of the Day. As many of you know I love animals, and I'm very partial to certain species/breeds of animals. In this case it's dogs/pit bull terriers. I'm sure some of you may already have a negative image of pit bulls because of something you've seen or heard on the news. But anyone who has ever been around a pit bull, owned one, or knows dogs knows that it's just a stereotype. I've personally come across more angry and mean lap dogs than I have any pit bulls. Those little bastards are lucky they're small, otherwise they'd be at the wrong end of a dangerous stereotype. 

But I digress, this is all about Lola. I spent a little over an hour this afternoon with Lola and it was the most fun I've had all week. She was funny, energetic, and very nice. I've actually been trying to plan this "play date" with Lola for months, so I'm glad it finally came to be. Thanks go to my mother and Monique. 

               Before

   After
               Before

   After
               Before

   After

               Before

   After



13 comments:

  1. i've never really liked the way pitbulls look overall, but they are nice dogs. my neighbor has one that barks at me every chance it gets

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend rescued a pit bull that used to be abused by it's former owner. It's the most wimpy/traumatized/terrified animal I've ever encountered, but he's still adorable and seems to appreciate being hugged or rubbed by normal people more than I ever thought possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking animal, I'm a dog person and have no problems with most breeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, "If I don't have anything nice to say I shouldn't say anything at all."

    Have a nice news article: http://www.youpet.com/blog/article/?articleid=469

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cheezy grin on her. "YOO KNOW YOO WUB ME!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy,
    but when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to think the same as a lot of people and have a certain opinion of pit bulls, until I met my husband and his pit bull, seriously the best, sweetest dog I have ever met! wants nothing more than to be cuddling in your lap. Lol I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics mate. I'm all for the German Shepard. Wish I had one now..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm more of a Beagle man meself. Though they'll eat until they explode if you aren't careful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a lab/german shepherd mix

    ReplyDelete