Thursday, August 25, 2011

Random Photo of the Day - 8.25.2011





 The photos above are some green tea (matcha) cupcakes I made a few days ago. They were very good. 

Below is a rainbow brownie I made last week. Tomorrow I will be making Nutella filled cupcakes with a Nutella buttercream frosting. And no, this isn't becoming a cooking blog. I'm far too anal to make things more than once a week. I tend to have meltdowns if I make a mess, which always results in me cleaning the apartment for hours and taking over 5 showers. That's actually why the rainbow brownies got messed up (and you're only seeing a picture of a rainbow brownie, not the rainbow brownies) - after cleaning up the mess I needed to take a shower, so I did. As a result I left them in the oven for too long.

I apologize for the bad picture, all I had around was my iPhone.
I also apologize for the annoying rainbow text. I couldn't help it.





For those who are interested, the recipes are after the jump.



Matcha Cupcakes
  •  24 cupcake papers / 350 degree oven
  •  1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons matcha powder
  1. Beat butter on high until soft (~30 seconds).
  2. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy (~3 min).
  3. Add eggs/yolk one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each.
  4. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add to batter and mix to combine.
  5. Mix matcha powder in with milk. Add to the batter and mix to combine.
  6. Scoop batter into cupcake papers.
  7. Bake for 22-25 minutes.

Matcha Buttercream Frosting

  • 1 stick butter, room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons half and half or light cream
  • 1 tablespoon matcha powder
  • 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
  1. Mix matcha powder in with cream to make a paste. 
  2. Beat butter briefly, scrape bowl.
  3. Add the sifted powdered sugar and matcha paste. Beat until smooth. 

Note:  Because I have no friends, family, or anyone who likes/loves me I cut the recipe in half to make 12. That way I could eat just one and then throw away the other 11 while crying.



RAINBOW BROWNIES

I'm too tired to type any more, so just use this:


16 comments:

  1. Haha at first I thought the picture of the Rainbow brownie was a moldy brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttercream frosting. Can't go wrong there. Thanks for all your nice words on my blog. Wishing you much good meals and happiness.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of rainbow brownies! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate your delicious rainbow text.

    Also:
    >cooking blog
    >meltdown

    Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks trippy and delicious at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yummy muffins ...
    http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures within the post! Excellent to look at! Keep up the great work because you're excellent at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green tea ones look really good. The rainbow ones probably are too but I think I'd rather eat the green tea ones.

    ReplyDelete