Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Post of 2012



I hope you all had a great Christmas and have had a nice start to the New Year (four days is a lot of time to get things done). I had a very good Christmas/New Years, probably one of the best in quite a while (no offense to past Christmases or New Years). Maybe it's because I'm getting older (28 is old, right?) and I know I can't expect the magical element to it I had as a kid. But spending time with my girlfriend and my family was a lot of fun. 

So, as always, here are a few pictures I took over the past couple of weeks of - you guessed it - random things. 

A glove I found in the hallway last night. 

A Mocha Almond Parfait from Godiva. 
A section view of the parfait (not nearly as cool looking as it could be).
There is a layer of light coffee ganache, with almond praline and chocolate glaze.
It was good.


And last are some pictures of my newest Lego Architecture set - the Farnsworth House. It ended up looking very nice, the little pieces of furniture are a nice little touch. I need to go back and fix some of the pieces that aren't completely straight, as that drives me nuts. And like last time I made sure all the pieces were facing the same direction (based on the imprinted Lego name on each piece) just to please my faint, but still-lingering, OCD demons and to make the fun of putting it together last a bit longer.






Also like last time I've included a few objects to help show the scale of this little house. 

Shy Guy returns to help out....
...as did Wanderlei Silva (with a new umbrella)...
....and then a helicopter landed.


12 comments:

  1. Little Lola sounds that a good pup. Love how much energy they have, and ours go down for a crash nap. Which is nice.

    Looks like a good holiday and that's fantastic. Here's to many more posts from you in 2012.

    Cheers & Boogie Boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This looks like you had so much fun! I think the little dude in red from zelda makes it that much more awesome!

    Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! And i'll have 5 of those parfaits please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only Shy Guy can live in that house I'm afraid. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good year and you're not old....I'm old at 43!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those Lego architecture sets would be so much better if they were scaled up to the size of the Lego men.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 28 is still late 20's which is now the social/cultural equivalent of late teen's. At least thats how I see it. So me, at 26, am in my mid 20's, which explains why I'm still 16 at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year!
    ...and 28 is hardly any age these days

    ReplyDelete