Friday, January 13, 2012

Random Photo of the Day / Happy Friday the 13th - 1.13.2012


Happy Friday the 13th. 

I hope you all have a good Friday today. One thing I always enjoyed about Friday the 13th were the Friday the 13th movie marathons that would play on tv. It's one of the few times I wouldn't mind having commercials interrupt and having "bad words" dubbed over with words that would never fit the in the original sentence. It just added to the cheesiness of it all.

Since I don't feel like that one little picture and paragraph are enough I'll share two cupcakes I recently had from Sprinkles. The first was The King cupcake, to commemorate the birthday of Elvis. It's a banana cupcake with creamy peanut butter frosting.



The King cupcake was okay, nothing special. If I want any type of banana cupcake from Sprinkles I'd get the banana dark chocolate, or if I wanted peanut butter I'd get the peanut butter chocolate.

The next is a S'more cupcake. This was a collaboration with Blake Lively (I don't know who that is....) and Sprinkles to raise money for Oxfam International Somalia.




This is now one of my favorite cupcakes from Sprinkles. It's a dark chocolate cake with graham cracker at the bottom, chocolate ganache in the center (which was awesome) and a marshmallow frosting. I was worried  that I wouldn't be able to try this because of the marshmallow frosting, but luckily it doesn't contain gelatin. Yet those stupid dots on top of their cupcakes (which nobody eats) do contain gelatin. Why bother?

Here's a nice section view of the cupcake:





So, have a good Friday the 13th. Go treat yourself to some cupcakes, especially if there is a Sprinkles nearby (please note that The King and S'more cupcake are no longer available - so don't get mad at me). Or better yet, make some yourself! (Like I did with the green tea cupcakes or the Nutella cupcakes!) And since we're on the topic of cupcakes/baking/food/fun/stuff, I suggest you head over to The Happy Whisk if you've never been. It's quite enjoyable, and you'll also find pictures of animals there, too. Which I really like.

13 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about the date today, I need to be on my guard....good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delayed gratification engaged - a homemade cupcake with a graham cracker base has hereby been added to my list of Rewards

    ReplyDelete
  3. crack up
    seems like Rebecca Black isn't as popular. lets see how far she goes though

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shit i didn't even realize it was friday the 13th oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Sprinkles but it's now on my destinations to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha. Jason > Rebecca all day, everyday....esp FRIDAY 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great looking cup cakes....

    ReplyDelete
  8. While the cupcake is most certainly awesome, I won't lie in saying that Rebecca Black picture made me die laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey VegHead. Thanks for the shout out. That was nice of you. And that Blake Lively chick is that girl from the Green Lantern movie. I believe she's also on some chick television show but I can't recall the name.

    Thanks again for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS: I put Nutella on my banana bread muffins. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could use a few cupcakes right now. Ugh, I hate forgetting about breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at the opening picture of Jason and Rebecca Black. Great blog, following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. something is weird with those cupcakes, they shouldn't stick so much to the paper cups :)
    I'm a vegetarian and I bake cakes too, without eggs and such things.

    ReplyDelete